Do you hire out kayaks?
- Yes, we will hire out kayaks to experienced paddlers only at a cost of £20 for 3 hours or £30 for a full day, this price includes a paddle and spray deck. You will be asked for proof of your competence. If we have coaching courses running these take priority on all of our kit, this includes kayaks and paddles etc.
Can you hire any other equipment?
- Yes we can hire out paddles, safety gear and wetsuits at a cost of £3 per item per day, dependent on availability.
What level is the Kayak and Canoe coaching to?
- We offer a range of Kayak and Canoe courses, including Swift Water Technician course, development coaching and Slalom Coaching, as well as British Canoe Union training and qualification courses.
Can you hire out open Canadian Canoes?
- No, we do not hire out Canadian canoes. Inflatable open canoes may be hired by experienced paddlers only.
Are you licensed by any association?
- Yes. We are licensed by the Adventure Licensing Authority, which licenses us to safely accommodate children under the age of 18, though we ensure the same safety measures are given to all participants.
Do you have public liability insurance?
- Yes, we carry insurance relating to third parties and public liability. Any additional insurance against accident, injury or loss of possessions should be taken out by the participant.
Do you have cancellation insurance?
- No, if there is a possibility that you may cancel, then you need to take out cancellation insurance.
What grade White Water do you have? Will my insurance cover it?
- We typically have Grade 2 - 3 (Medium) moving water. If the water level is exceptionally high then our guides will be forced to cancel trips.
- You should refer to your own insurance policy to check whether it will cover this grade of moving water.
How do I pay?
- Payment can be made by debit / credit card , cheques or cash. All Payments must be cleared before the activity date and in Line with our terms and conditions.
Do I need to pay/book in advance?
- Yes. Full payment, which is non-refundable, is required in advance. Bookings should be made as early in advance as possible, to ensure that we have guides, and booking space available.
Can I pay on the day?
- Generally, no as we have to ensure we can have guides available, and there may be no space for extra participants for that day. But it is worth asking just in case.
Can I get a refund?
- We do not give refunds. If the session is cancelled because of water levels or an incident at the centre, we will give a voucher. If a client cancels their booking then we are unable to refund them because of the cost of hiring a guide for the trip and due to lost potential customers.
Do I have to pay a deposit?
- Wo do not take deposits, full payment must be made up-front.
How do we find you?
- We are situated approximately ¾ of a mile from Llangollen town centre, on the A5 towards Corwen on the right. We are at Mile End Mill.
- Llangollen is signposted from the A483 and from the A5.
How long does it take to reach you?
- As a rough guide, the following is a list of approximate travelling times from major towns and cities by car to the centre:
Wrexham - 20 mins (15 miles)
Shrewsbury - 45 mins (30 miles)
Chester - 40 mins (25 miles)
Liverpool - 1 hour (50 miles)
Manchester - 1 ½ hours (66 miles)
Birmingham - 1 hour 40 mins (78 miles)
How do we get there?
- Train services are available to Wrexham General Station and also to Ruabon and Chirk.
- Bus services run to Llangollen town centre.
- The centre is a 10 to 15 minute walk along the A5 from Llangollen town centre. Please note that your own transport is required for all off-site activities.
Do you have accommodation?
- No, but we are happy to arrange accommodation, with a number of excellent local hotels and B&Bs. We can often beat their standard rates.
What’s the local tourist board number?
- The nearest Tourist Information Office is in Llangollen, ¾ of a mile away. The telephone number is 01978 860828.